Hyde Park Corner
St Matthews Street
What has changed?
- Pedestrian railings removed allowing the entire street environment to be appreciated as a place rather than as a thoroughfare for vehicles
- New cycle facilities on St George's Street and St Matthews Street
- Improved pedestrian and cycle crossing at the end of Westgate Street
- Lower part of St George's Street resurfaced
- The crossing is now a Toucan crossing (for pedestrians and cyclists) with the middle section being wider to allow cycles to manoeuvre the crossing and gain better access into the town centre